Update from Echelon 2013
Speaker: Paul Srivorakul – Co-founder & Executive Chairman, Ardent Capital
He is probably the most successful regional entrepreneur in Southeast Asia. His serial startups are:
- Ensogo Group (Acquired by LivingSocial in June 2011): leading group buying sites in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines
- Admax Network (Acquired by Komli Media in Feb 2012)
- Newmedia Edge (Acquired by STW Group in December 2011)
If you are a startup in Southeast Asia, why is Thailand the best place for you to build and launch your startup? Paul will share about:
- Local opportunities in Thailand that can help shape your business
- How Thai tech startups are fast-tracking their way towards a regional play and how? (Regional vs local clients, product built)
- The money: Who is funding and acquiring what in Thailand?
- Talent and hiring
- The potholes: Dangers of premature scaling
Thai economy is sophisticated
Ease of doing business in Thailand
Bloomberg’s Most Promising Emerging Markets for Investors
Reasons for setting up business in Thailand
E-commerce in SEA still has room to grow
Why Thailand, not Sing/Indo?
ASEAN community and what does it mean?