Asia bitcoin mania – 10 most visited cryptocurrency exchanges 2021
Top 10 cryptocurrency exchanges in Asia
For the traffic count, Indonesia is the champion and even surpassed the most populous country in Asia, India (excluded China with crypto ban). Korea is clearly the most bitcoin-addicted country with the largest trading volume in 24h and the ratio visits/population also really high if compared with other countries in Asia. The statistics is counting for monthly visits and 24h trading volume
Indonesia Indodax 13.4M visits & $56.7M (24h)
- Formerly Bitcoin.co.id founded in 2014 and the largest marketplace platform to buy and sell digital assets (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple)… in Indonesia.
- Indodax is invested by East Ventures, the leading VC invested to some of the top startups and unicorns in Southeast Asia such as Traveloka, Tokopedia…
- At the peak time also this year 2021, Indodax welcomed to 30+ million visits in one month
- Self-description: buy bitcoin indonesia with trusted bitcoin prices on indodax, btc marketplace, dogecoin, ethereum, usdt with more than 3 million members. sign up now!
Korea Upbit 거래소 – 10.97M, $4.358 billions (24h)
The top four crypto exchanges in Korea are Upbit, Bithumb, Coinone and Korbit.
- There was a time the crypto trading volume in Korea is even surpassed the stock trading volume. Now the Korean government is tightening the regulation, and the last downturn of Bitcoin from $60k to around $30k also made lots of people out of the crypto market.
- According to Wikipedia: Upbit launched in South Korea on October 24, 2017 with the help of their partnership with American cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex. Sirgoo Lee was named CEO of Dunamu, Upbit’s parent company, on December 21, 2017, with Dunamu founder and CEO Chi-hyung Song assuming the role of Chairman. Lee previously served as Co-CEO of Kakao Corp.
- Approximately two months after its launch, Upbit became the top global cryptocurrency exchange in terms of 24-hour trading volume
India WazirX 10.128M, $103M
- WazirX is the most trading crypto exchange in India, and was aqquired by Binance in Nov, 2019 for an un-disclosed sum
- Self-description: wazirx is india’s most trusted bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange & trading platform. buy, sell & trade btc, xrp, eth, trx, and 100+ cryptocurrencies in india at best prices. start trading now!
- According to Wikipedia:WazirX was founded in March 2018 by a computer engineer Nischal Shetty with two co-founders. Soon after WazirX was launched, the Government of India banned crypto trading in the country. Two days after the ban WazirX launched a peer-to-peer system which would link sellers and buyers directly and eliminate the need of financial institutions.
Korea Bithumb 4.02M, $1.08 billion
- Self-description: Virtual Asset Exchange, Lending, Staking, Deposit, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Bitcoin Gold, EOS, Ethereum Classic, Quantum, Chainlink, Real-time Quotes, Easy and Safe Transactions
Japan GMO – 5.8M visits, $49M
- Surprisingly, one of the first bitcoin trading exchange Mt.Gox based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. But now the crypto trading activity is not as big as it as in the past.
- Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 Mt.Gox was handling over 70% of all bitcoin (BTC) transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world’s leading bitcoin exchange.
- Till now there are around 23 approved crypto exchanges in Japan
Japan BitFlyer – 4.46M, $288M
- Self-description: bitflyer is a trusted crypto exchange where you can buy, sell, & trade bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies for usd with low fees & latency. start investing today!
Thailand Bitkub 3.53M visits, $126M
- The leading exchange in 13 licensed crypto exchanges in Thailand.
- Self-desc: buy bitcoin sell bitcoin, thailand’s bitcoin exchange. บริการซื้อ บิทคอยน์ ขาย บิทคอยน์ เหรียญคริปโต from thai baht to bitcoin. cryptocurrency: bitcoin, ethereum, cardano, wanchain, omisego
- Founded in February 2018, Bitkub claims to be the No.1 digital asset and cryptocurrency exchange platform in Thailand, offering advanced cryptocurrency exchange services to individuals who intend to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrencies. Bitkub Online Co is a legally registered company, with a registered capital of 80 million baht and office space based in Bangkok, Thailand
India CoinDCX – 1.53M visits, $36M
- Recently CoinDCX raised $2.5M from Coinbase Ventures and other venture capitals.
- Self-desc: coindcx is india’s largest and safest cryptocurrency exchange where you can buy and sell bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with ease. coindcx, with its #trycrypto mission, provides indian crypto audience with a simple cryptocurrency trading app for seamless crypto-to-crypto (c2c) and fiat-to-crypto (f2c) experience.
Indonesia Tokocrypto 1.19M, $15.4
- Toko means market in Indonesian Bahasa.
- TokoCrypto raised un-disclosed sum from Binance.
- Self-description: Tokocrypto is a platform for buying and selling bitcoin and other crypto assets in Indonesia such as eth, doge, btc, usdt that is easy and safe. let’s start trading now!
Global crypto exchanges in Asia
The leading crypto exchange in Asia was from China, then moved out of the country following the crypto ban.
Binance – 27 Million visits per month
- Global visits of Binance is around 135M but from Asia probably counted for around 20% with the top two are from Korea and Philippines