12 most popular Philippines online shopping apps & startups
Shopee.ph – 64.2 million monthly visits
- Shopee is the most popular e-commerce platform that offers a variety of products. It is known for its affordable prices and frequent sales and promotions.
- Shopee’s online store features various categories of products, from electronics and gadgets to fashion, beauty products, home appliances, and more. The platform offers a seamless shopping experience, with various features such as free shipping, cash on delivery, and multiple payment options including credit card, debit card, and online banking. One of the unique features of Shopee is its in-app games and daily deals, which provide customers with discounts and special offers.
- Lazada is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms in the Philippines. Lazada’s online store features a diverse range of categories, including electronics, fashion, beauty products, home appliances, and many more. The platform offers a seamless shopping experience, with various features such as free shipping, cash on delivery, and multiple payment options including credit card, debit card, and online banking.
Carousell.ph – 6M
- Carousell is a popular online marketplace startup in the Philippines that allows users to buy and sell various items. It is a mobile-first platform that can be accessed via a mobile app or through the website. Carousell was founded in Singapore in 2012 and has since expanded to several other countries, including the Philippines.
- LBC Express is a well-known logistics and courier company in the Philippines that also operates an e-commerce platform. The company was founded in 1945 and has since become a household name in the country’s logistics industry.LBC Express’ e-commerce platform offers a wide range of products and services, including gadgets, fashion, beauty products, and food items. The platform offers a seamless shopping experience, with various features such as free shipping, cash on delivery, and multiple payment options including credit card, debit card, and online banking.
Zalora – 1.8 M visits
- Zalora is one of the largest and most popular online fashion and beauty retailers in the Philippines. The company was founded in 2012 and has since become a go-to destination for Filipinos looking for the latest fashion trends and beauty products.
- One of the unique features of Zalora is its “30 Days Free Returns” policy, which allows customers to return their purchases within 30 days of delivery for free. This provides customers with a risk-free way to make purchases online and ensures that they are completely satisfied with their purchases.
Watson PH – 1.3M
- Watsons PH is a well-known health and beauty retailer in the Philippines, with over 800 stores nationwide. In addition to its brick-and-mortar stores, Watsons also has an online shopping platform that allows customers to conveniently purchase their favorite health and beauty products online.
- Watsons’ online store offers a wide range of products, from skincare and cosmetics to personal care items and health supplements. The platform features various local and international brands, as well as exclusive products and deals that can only be found online.
Globe Shopping Store – 747k
- Globe Shopping is an online shopping platform in the Philippines that is operated by Globe Telecom, one of the country’s leading telecommunications companies. The platform offers a wide range of products and services, including gadgets, appliances, fashion, beauty products, and even online courses and certifications.
- One of the unique features of Globe Shopping is its “GPlan” service, which allows customers to purchase high-end gadgets and devices through a monthly installment plan. This makes it more affordable for customers to buy the latest gadgets without having to pay the full price upfront.
BeautyMNL – 373k
- BeautyMNL is an online store that specializes in beauty and skincare products. It offers a wide selection of products from both local and international brands.
- To save on your purchases at BeautyMNL, check out for discount codes at https://deala.com/beauty-mnl
Galleon – 252k
- The name Galleon.ph was adopted from the Spanish trading ships called Manila Galleons, which came to the Philippines once or twice a year to bring commodities back in 1500. Back in those days, the Filipinos traded their own produce for goods that are not available in the country. They have adopted this simple yet innovative idea.
Mercury Drug – 197k
Ansons – 166k
- Self-intro: If you want to buy home appliances and gadgets online in the Philippines to fill your new home or replace old equipment, turn to Anson’s. As an e-commerce retailer with several store locations in Manila, we pride ourselves on offering an impressive array of home goods at reasonable prices.
Top 10 online shopping sites/apps & startups in Philippines 2022
According to trade.gov, COVID-19 has increased demand for eCommerce in the Philippines. While the younger population was already open to online shopping, the need for social distancing has pushed the cash centric and face to face shopping culture towards a more digital one, and this is expected to continue. What is lacking is proper digital and logistics infrastructure to truly enable a digital economy. There needs to be higher bandwidth capacity to service the retail market.
Current Market Trends
Filipinos are prolific users of social media. Estimates this year show that there are 76 million active social media users from the Philippines. Of this number, 75 million are on Facebook; 12 million on Twitter, and 4 million are LinkedIn users. There is good reason to be optimistic about eCommerce growth in the Philippines.
Top 10 online shopping sites/apps Philippines 2017
10. Carmudi.com.ph – 1.70M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:04:19
- Pages per Visit 2.61
- Carmudi Android app has a rating: 4.3 from 38,831 votes.
- The car marketplace of Rocket Internet, is also a sister site with Lazada.com.ph
9. Tripadvisor.com.ph – 6.43M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:03:10
- Pages per Visit 3.89
- TripAdvisor seems to have the best position in the Philippines than in other countries in Southeast Asia, due to the English fluency of the second largest population country in the region.
5. Shopee.ph – 6.76M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:10:48
- Pages per Visit 10.88
- Shopee Android App has a Rating: 4.3 from 34,946 votes
- The regional ecommerce startup Shopee seems to be on the best time to challenge the leading spot of Lazada in Southeast Asia.
It’s the global version of Kakaku, the leading price comparison site from Japan. The global site has total 26.19M with traffic from PH counted for 30.9%. The below meatrics also from the global site
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:03:27
- Pages per Visit 3.85
3. CebuPacificair.com – 8.32M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:08:28
- Pages per Visit 6.46
- Android App Rating: 3.8 from 6,152 votes
- It’s the first time I see an airlines site in the top 5 ecommerce sites in any country in Southeast Asia. The low cost airline from Cebu has some really attractive programs to recruit customers traveling in the region, not just Philippinos and Phillipinas
2. Olx.ph – 18.63M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:07:52
- Pages per Visit 8.10
- Android App Rating: 4.3 from 57,337 votes
- The classified website is also keeping with a top position in Thailand and Indonesia markets.
1. Lazada.com.ph – 70.98M visits
- Avg. Visit Duration 00:05:45
- Pages per Visit 5.38
- Lazada Philippines Android App has a rating: 4.2 from 1,205,420 votes
Other popular eCommerce sites Philippines 2017