Top 10 Indonesia online shopping sites & apps 2021
Top 10 Indonesia ecommerce sites & apps 2021
Selamat Datang! You will find the biggest online shopping sites in Indonesia and their monthly visits in millions.
According to Euromonitor, all e-commerce categories will see strong current value growth as sales are transferred from other channels to online. In line with decreased interest in apparel and footwear within retailing (due to consumers spending more time at home and have less need to dress up), apparel and footwear e-commerce will see the smallest growth rate in 2020 and, in fact, is the only category to see only single digit growth.
Sales remain concentrated in more developed urban areas
The penetration of e-commerce in the country is still concentrated in the Java area, which accounts for about 76% of buyers, followed by Sumatra (14%) and Sulawesi (4%). Based on the age of consumers, around 88% of digital shoppers in the country are millennials, between the age of 20 and 37. [Euromonitor]
Surprisingly, Tokopedia and Shopee are the duo ecommerce sites top the list and have a huge gap from the other top sites. Lazada Indonesia goes down dramatically from the top 80M+ in 2017
Tokopedia.com – 154.18 Millions monthly visits
- The most complete online buying and selling site with a wide selection of trusted online stores. Online shopping is easy and fun at Tokopedia. Fast delivery.
- Tokopedia is an Indonesian technology company specializing in e-commerce. It was founded in 2009 by William Tanuwijaya and Leontinus Alpha Edison. It is an Indonesian unicorn along with ride-hailing company Gojek, travel service firm Traveloka, e-commerce company Bukalapak and fintech company OVO.
Shopee.co.id – 125.43M
- Explore the mobile shopping mall, Shopee! buy and sell in 30 seconds. anytime anywhere. shopee warranty | free shipping | 100% free of charge
Bukalapak.com – 28.24M
- trusted online buying and selling site in Indonesia. Cheap, safe and comfortable online shopping from millions of online shops, Bukalapak.com, money back guarantee
Lazada.co.id – 27.19M
- The Best Online Shopping Sales & Promos at Lazada 8.8 Sale! | Flash Sale Rp8 & Impromptu Bonus Rp500-RB Every Day Free Shipping Can COD
- OLX Indonesia, the largest online buying and selling center in Indonesia. all items are here, from cellphones, computers, automotive, fashion even homes and job vacancies.
- the most complete & trusted online store in Indonesia, enjoy online shopping for original products, free shipping, fast delivery, secure payments, 24/7 customer care, 15 days returns and can cod on blibli
iPrice.co.id – 8.7M
- iPrice Indonesia is a price comparison site, vouchers, coupons, and 2019 promos. Find products for your needs from various online shops with the cheapest price lists on Iprice Indonesia.
Traveloka.com – 8.43M
- 73% traffics are from Indonesia, others are from Traveloka regional markets such as Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore.
- traveloka.com is the solution for all your travel needs, from flights, hotels, trains, bus, activities, car rental, restaurants, etc.
JD.id – 3.69M
- trusted online store in Indonesia providing mobile phones, laptops, computers, household appliances, etc. Shop online now and get the discount.
Mitula.co.id – 1.68M
- search engine for real estate, used cars and job offers in indonesia
You can also watch for Top 10 mobile ecommerce app in Indonesia
Top 10 online shopping sites in Indonesia 2017
10. Bhineka.com (5.12M visits)
9. MatahariMall.com (5.88M visits)
MatahariMall started to setting up a professional online team early 2015 by inviting Hadi Wenas, an ex Zalora/McKinsey to manage it online shopping channel. Before that the retail chain website was out of top 100 sites in Indonesia. Read more about my interview with Hadi Wenas: “How to go big and scale fast in Indonesia ecommerce market“.
8. Shopee.co.id (18.41M visits)
Shopee belongs to one of the first unicorns of Southeast Asia – SEA firm, formerly Garena. Together with Shopee Taiwan, these are the two largest markets for SEA.
7. Blibli.com (45.08M visits)
Blibli is one of the pioneer in the ecommerce space in Indonesia. Backed up by GDP Ventures of Djarum, one of the largest conglomerates in Indonesia, which accumulated it’s asset at the beginning via tobacco. Then expanding to banking and other industries. Blibli recent move is acquiring Tiket, also the pioneer in the online travel/train/concert ticket booking, to expand to the tourism industry.
Blibli Android app is rated 4.1 by more than 110.000 reviews.
6. Olx.co.id (51.55M visits)
A classified site from out of top 10, now OLX get a top 5 spot after merging with Berniaga, a subsidy of Singapore PressHoldings.
Samsung this year makes a surprise move when it shows up in the top sites in Indonesia, and also in top 12 ecommerce sites in Thailand.
4. Kaskus.co.id (55.18M visits)
3. Bukalapak.com (61.07M visits)
- Bukalapak is arguably the best growth-hacker in Indonesia ecommerce space. Just started in 2011 but now the startup has jumped in the top 5 in the highly competitive Indonesia ecommerce world. The startup is is backed by KMK, a subsidiary of Indonesian media conglomerate Emtek.
- It’s Android app has an impressive amount of reviews 450k+ for 4.4 in total.
- Bukalapak recently welcome to it’s new COO Willix Halim, formerly VP of Growth-Hack of Freelancer.com based out of Australia.
- Besides the pressure from other top players, Bukalapak and most of top ecommerce sites might have to face with the issue of lacking of data scientists to grow sustainably in the big data world, because of growing too fast.
- Visit quality: time on site: 5.36, pages per visit 5.17, bounce rate: 36.15%
2. Tokopedia.com (87.23M visits)
- Tokopedia used to be No 4th in 2015, but after having more than $1 billion from Alibaba, previously $100M from SoftBank, Sequoia then the marketplace has been growing rapidly, setting up payment and delivery partnership with offline retail chains.
- One interesting fact that Alibaba is also the investor of both No.1 Lazada and Tokopedia. But Alibaba owns more than 80% of Lazada and only a minor part in Tokopedia. How can they deal with the mutual interest and confidential data?
- It’s Android app has 549k reviews with a result 4.2.
- It has a better quality of visits than No.1 Lazada: Time on site 6.53″, pages per visit: 7.26, bounce rate 39.56%
- I’d bet Tokopedia will be the No.1 soon with it’s capability and the signal from it’s visit’s quality.
Lazada Indonesia (88.76M visits)
- Lazada Indonesia next move might be the launch of LiveUp loyalty program, and opening up a brick-and-mortal store.
- Lazada first launched “LiveUp” in Singapore earlier this year. The program is answer to Amazon Prime. It provides rebates on purchases from Lazada and newly aqquired Redmart, free and faster Lazada delivery, six months off a Netflix subscription , and discounts on Uber.
- It’s Android app has 1.188M reviews with result 4.2
- Visit quality: Time on site 4.57″, pages per visit: 4.97, bounce rate: 47.22%
Other most visited online shopping sites in Indonesia 2017
with no particular order.
- Top 12 ecommerce sites in Thailand 2017
- Top 10 ecommerce sites in Taiwan 2017
- Top 8 ecomerce sites in Japan 2017
Top 25 online shopping sites in Indonesia 2015
Selamat Datang! Last year I wrote a post about Top 25 most trafficked ecommerce websites in Indonesia. The post quickly went viral and became one of the most viewed posts with most of traffics from Facebook first and later from Google. I’m also coming to Indonesia soon so wanna have a refresh view about the Indonesia eCommerce market . So now I’m writing a new updated one. This year review also includes my quick review on how did each site change, increase/decrease it’s ranking, compare with it’s competitors and there might be few reasons if I know from the insiders’ sources. Freel free to update me in the comment if you have some more points to share.
The result is based on Alexa, for sure it’s not totally correct but at least we can trust it 80-90%, especially when we’re comparing sites in the same country. For a quick overview, the top 7 sites are mostly dominated by global sites: Google, Facebook, Youtube, Blogspot… The only local site makes it ahead of Kaskus is Detik, a news portal. After reading the post you will definitely have an overview about the top online shopping websites in Indonesia ecommerce market.
Kaskus.co.id – Alexa 8
Last year Kaskus has a big change with changing CEO from a youngest one Ken Dean to one of the highest profile CEOs Sukan Makmuri, formerly VP of Internet Banking Technology of Bank of America. Kaskus on the way of shifting from an online community to an ecommerce platform since 2009 with marketplace, KasPay… From some of the “newest updates” one year ago Kaskus already has around 25M unique visitors every month. Though growing strongly but actually Kaskus is going down one rank from 7 last year to 8 now. Kaskus also has a 318 rank on a global scope.
2. Bukalapak.com – Alexa 13
The marketplace marks an impressive move from 43 last year to 13 at the present, even surpassed the most talked guy Tokopedia at pos 18. From last year numbers, Bukalapak oversaw more than IDR 500 million (US$43,000) in transactions in its online shopping marketplace on a daily basis.
3. Lazada.co.id – Alexa 15
4. Tokopedia.com – Alexa 18
5. Olx.co.id – Alexa 19
6. Klikbca.com – 23
Klikbca is the most popular banking payment gateway in Indonesia. It belongs to one of the largest banks BCA. Last year KlikBCA was at 13 position, this year it is probably running as good as last year but the other players are direct B2C and C2C players so easier to get more traffics.
7. Elevenia.co.id – 34
This is a marketplace joint venture between Indonesian telco XL Axiata (70M+ subscribers) and SK Planet, owner of one of the largest marketplace in Korea. Elevenia derives from ‘eleven’ and ‘dunia’ (dunia means ‘world’ in Bahasa Indonesia). It follows the same business model as 11street, the largest marketplace in Korea. Last year Elevenia was at 70th.
8. Aliexpress.com – 52
9. Amazon.com – 53
10. Blibli.com – 55
11. Zalora.co.id – 59
After one year the fashion site Zalora from 123 now might be happy with 59 pos.
12. Alibaba.com – 75
13. Bhinneka.com – 80
14. Traveloka.com – 83
15. Paypal.com – 109
16. Rumah123.com – 111
17. Agoda.com – 120
18. Jne.co.id – 122
19. Ebay.com – 126
20. Tiket.com – 134
21. Qoo10.co.id – 138
22. Bri.co.id – 144
23. Urbanindo.com – 147
24. Groupon.co.id – 157
25. Rumah.com – 163
Worldwide accommodation reservations. Last year it’s pos was 225
The B2B site is coming up with the goal to become Alibaba of Indonesia.
Asia’s leading low fare airline for business and leisure travelers, with more than 100 routes across Asia.
Information on hotels, resorts and packages with reviews from travellers with star ratings.
Now with the instant booking features, TripAdvisor is more than ready to compete with other travel booking sites.
The national airline of Indonesia. Online booking, offices, schedules and route maps, and news …
Note: The missed giant issurely Go-Jek, Go Jek is now even dominent the Indonesian Android Market and Apple Store. It’s starting the food delivery service too. But it’s a mobile app so can’t be listed in Alexa.