Singapore is a small country with just 5.85 million people, including 2.16 foreigners so the retail and ecommerce would be not so big. However the lion city citizens have a very high average income and also high Internet penetration so the online shopping rate would be very high as well. Let’s check the detail of monthly visits to top 8 online shopping sites in Singapore!
Top 8 ecommerce sites in Singapore 2021
Shopee.sg – 14.66 Millions (monthly visits)
- self-desc: best online shopping deals for health & beauty, electronics, fashion and more! million $ discount | brands at lowest prices | free shipping | cashback deals
Lazada.sg – 8.85M
- online shopping at lazada singapore ♥ consumer electronics, home & living, tv, health & beauty & more. ✪ effortless shopping ✈ fast delivery. shop now!
Carousell.sg – 10.75M
- Carousell is probably the only home-grown ecommerce site developed by local Singaporean team. Read more about Carousell startup story here
- great deals & variety on electronics, fashion, used cars, aircon servicing, handyman services, furniture and more on carousell.
Amazon.sg – 4.98M
- shop online for electronics, computers, books, toys, baby, grocery, beauty, kitchen, home, personal care & more on amazon singapore. get free delivery on eligible orders in singapore with amazon prime subscription.
qoo10.sg – 3.91M
- self-desc: incredible shopping paradise! newest products, latest trends and bestselling items from singapore, japan, korea, us and all over the world at highly discounted price!
ezBuy.sg – 1.04M
- buy global, locally. online shop fashion, beauty, shoes, gadgets, food & more direct from china, korea, usa, taiwan & local. wide variety, low prices, free shipping
Zalora.sg – 0.789M
- shop fashion, lifestyle and essentials at zalora singapore | free delivery above $40 ✓ cash on delivery ✓ 30 days free return ✓ shopping now!
eBay.com.sg – 0.586M
- Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, …
From a report of JP Morgan there are several key points related to Singapore ecommerce market
- With the third-highest GDP per capita in the world, Singapore’s 5.7 million citizens spend in high amounts online. The average annual online spend is SGD2,206.24 (US$1,618), which represents one of the highest annual spends out of the countries surveyed in our report.
- Singapore’s business-to-consumer e-commerce market has been growing at a steady double-digit rate since 2017. The global economic downturn caused by COVID-19 explains the lower expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7 percent to 2023.
- Mobile commerce is growing stronger than the overall e-commerce market, and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 13.6 percent to 2023, to become a SGD6.52 billion (US$4.8 billion) market.
- Growth is being driven by Singaporean consumers aged 18 to 29, with 75 percent of this demographic using their mobile devices to shop.
- Smartphone penetration is high in Singapore, at 78 percent. This is supported by excellent mobile and fixed internet infrastructure. At 91 percent coverage across the city-state, Singapore has one of the world’s highest internet penetration rates.
- For full information about JpMorgan Singapore ecommerce market report