According to trade.gov, Australia’s eCommerce market is growing rapidly.
Australia is the eleventh largest ecommerce market in the world, and revenue is predicted to reach USD32.3 billion by 2024. This represents a year on year increase of 15.5 percent. In comparison, the bricks and mortar retail market grew by 3.4% over the same period to reach USD200 billion. Online commerce represents approximately nine percent of all retail trade in the Australian market.
According to Australia Post research, 48.8 percent of all online payments are made via PayPal. Credit and debit cards account 39.9 percent of online payments. The fastest growing segment is the buy now pay later market which accounts for 6.7 percent of online transactions. The most well known provider in this segment is AfterPay.
Let’s explore the following top 10 Australian eCommerce sites/apps
- eBay.com.au – 71.45 million monthly visits
- Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world’s online marketplace. … Shop the best Australian designers for less
- Amazon.com.au – 39.16 million
- shop online for electronics, computers, clothing, shoes, toys, books, dvds, sporting goods, beauty & more.
- Gumtree.com.au – 31.28 million
- the largest classified ads site in Australia
- visit australia’s free marketplace to buy in your local area! find cars, furniture, electronics, jobs, real estate & more for sale across australia
- Woolworths (26.94 million)
- The leader in online grocery shopping category, Woolworths Group Limited, a major Australian company, has extensive retail interests throughout Australia and New Zealand. It is the largest company in Australia by revenue and the second-largest in New Zealand.
- Self-desc: shop online at woolworths for your groceries. we’re here to help you eat fresher & healthier food, 7 days a week with low prices always.
- Coles – 17.68 million
- The No.2 in online grocery shopping category
- discover quick & easy recipes for every occasion. view catalogues & specials. find a coles store near you. shop online. read coles magazine & coles health & beauty.
- JB Hi-Fi – 14.4 million
- The leader in Computer and Electronics online shopping category
- jb hi-fi is australia’s largest home entertainment retailer with top products, great quality + value. learn more about our product range online.
- Big W – 13.09 million
- everyday’s a big day for families. shop your way online and in-store, discover great value gifts, books and all things baby, kids and home.
- Kogan.com – 10.5 million
kogan.com is australia’s premier online shopping destination, offering amazing deals on tvs, tech, homewares, fitness, fashion, tools, outdoor and more!
- Target.com.au – 7.97 million
- shop the latest women’s fashion, kids’ clothing, babywear, entertainment, toys, homewares and much more at target’s online store.
- Officeworks (9.56 million)
- Chemist Warehouse (9.15 million)
- and Catch (7.95 million).