Top 10 China grocery & food delivery apps (Android & IOS)
But this is also a touch market, especially from 2015-2019, according to Daxue Consulting: “Among over 4,000 online grocery brands, only 1% is making profits and 95% operating at a loss. As a result, the capital markets have also reduced their investment in the online grocery industry.”
It’s hard to ignore the two largest food delivery players in China market which counted for 70-80% of the food delivery market share. They are at least involving in the grocery delivery market in some parts.
- Revenue in 2020: $13.71 billion Market value: US$197.44 billion Headquarters: Beijing , China
- The other half of the online food delivery industry in China. Tencent is the largest stakeholder, with a 20 percent stakeIn terms of revenue, Meituan is the largest food delivery platform in China and the largest food delivery platform in the world. In Meituan is China’s local life service platform, providing services including entertainment, catering, distribution, and tourism. Meituan is headquartered in Beijing and was established in 2010. Meituan is the world’s largest online and on-demand delivery platform, with more than 290 million monthly active users and more than 600 million registered users. Meituan’s delivery charges are based on restaurants and locations. Last year, Meituan’s revenue was US$13.71 billion, the largest food delivery platform in terms of revenue.
- Owned by Alibaba, Ele.me is one of the two major food delivery platforms in China. It has over 200 million active users
- Online platform offering multi-category grocery products. The Company sells consumer goods covering fresh food and daily necessities. The DMall eCommerce engages in supermarkets online and offline operations offering technology, merchandise, warehousing, membership, marketing, and other services. Funding $419M
- Womai is a B2C grocery retailer in China. It specializes in selling imported products from overseas markets directly to Chinese consumers, who are increasingly cautious about food safety and quality. It also sells domestically produced food such as fruits and vegetables, as well as cooking utensils and beverages such as wine.
- Beijing Mengxiangfeng Chain Business owns and operates a chain of convenience stores.
- Meicai is an online B2B platform offering multi-category farm products. The product catalog includes vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood, etc.
- Food ordering app in English, and come with a pricey price
Beijing Shihui Technology
- an online distributor of groceries facilitating group buying. It provides a platform for farmers, retailer, and others in the food retail chain.
- is an online platform providing grocery delivery from local supermarkets. Using its GPS based location service it allows users to select any local retail store and order products listed on its catalog.
- Technode, TechCrunch, Tracxn…
- Daxue Consulting