Different from eCommerce in Indonesia and Vietnam, where there are many local eCommerce websites in Top 100 Alexa, Top 100 Alexa Thailand are full of global ecommerce players and lots of entertainment and news websites. Let’s have a check on the most trafficked ecommerce sites to know what Thai people are interested in and what is the Thai eCommerce landscape now.
- Amazon.com, Alexa 13, B2C.
- Ebay.com, Alexa 23, international person to person auction site.
- Lazada.co.th, 31, B2C. According to many Lazada and ex-Lazada executives I’ve met in Thailand and Southeast Asia, Lazada Thailand is always one of the top three performers in Lazada Southeast Asia group.
- Agoda.com, 37, B2C, online hotel booking site.
- Weloveshopping.com, 40, C2C. Their tagline: “We’re the No.1 online shopping mall in Thailand”, Weloveshopping operated for more than 8 years. Now it has more than 320.000 stores attracted more than 300.000 visitors each day.
- Pantipmarket.com, 51, a C2C and classified website and also an ecommerce arm of Pantip.com, the largest online community in Thailand. Thai people discuss and review anything on Pantip.
- Tarad.com, 53. 2/3 of the C2C website is now owned by Rakuten. The founders of Tarad are also founders of Thaisecondhand.com
- AliExpress.com, 54, Launched in April 2010, AliExpress is a global retail marketplace targeted at consumers worldwide. The platform enables consumers from around the world to buy directly from wholesalers and manufacturers in China and have access to a wide variety of products at wholesale prices.
- Alibaba.com, 55, B2B, connecting buyers and suppliers around the world.
- Booking.com, 76, B2C, online hotel booking site. Need to check No.6 Agoda
- TripAdvisor.com, 77, B2C, online travel review and hotel booking site
- AirAsia.com, 94, B2C, low cost airlines. Need to check No.6 Agoda
Note about No. 4,10,11, 12: A high ranking of Agoda, Booking, TripAdvisor, AirAsia is probably because Thailand has millions of foreign tourists travelling to Thailand each year (24M+ in 2013) and a big expat community in Thailand with 4M+ foreigners.
Note: For more information about eCommerce in Thailand, you can also check my slides: Thailand Online & eCommerce Market
- Paypal.com, 33. This position might give you something in mind about the popularity of Paypal here. But you should check the above note about No. 4,10,11,12 too.
- Bangkokbank.com, 42, one of the largest banks in Thailand. Bank Transfer is one of the top three popular payment method in Thailand. Bangkok Bank also provides an online payment solution for merchants.
- KasikornBank.com, 45, K-Payment is a good online payment gateway in Thailand which is used by many well-established merchant companies due to it’s high requirements.
- SCBEasy.com, 61, SCBEasy is a dedicated website for online transaction of Siam Commercial Bank, one of the largest banks in Thailand. SCB probably have the largest ATM chain covering many cities in Thailand.
You might want to check more information here about online payment gateway in Thailand
Other considerable ecommerce-related websites
- Pantip.com, 5. Pantip is a general online forum, but if any product, hotel, restaurant is reviewed on Pantip then it will receive a big impact in branding and sales, positively or negatively.
- Olx.co.th, Alexa 24, forwarded from Dealfish.co.th, a group of classified websites in Southeast Asia
- Ddproperty.com, 111, online real estate site, you can find condo, houses, land… here
- konvy.com, 134, a cosmetic group-buying s site
- Taobao.com, 149, Launched in May 2003, Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com) is the online shopping destination ofchoice for Chinese consumers.
- Priceza.com, 183, the top price comparison site or leading product search engine as Priceza stated itself.
- SiamPhone.com, 199, you can find phone specification and compare features and prices here.
- Ensogo.com, 207, group buying site, founded by founders of ArdentCap/aCommerce
- One2car.com, 212, you can find car for sales by prices, features in this website.
- Pramool.com, 232, a Thai eBay website
- Zalora.co.th, 249,
- Thaisecondhand.com, 294, founded by founders of Tarad.com
- Taradplaza 300, also belongs to Rakuten, a B2C version of the market place Tarad.com. Maybe Rakuten is learning something from Taobao and Tmall in China.
- Wongnai.com, 302, the top online restaurant review site, recently Wongnai is entering beauty review and booking field.
- Skyscanner.co.th, 323, the flight & hotel meta search site is getting more attention in Thailand.
- Checkara.com, 324, you can find car, aparments and finance package here.
- Craiglist.co.th, 326, the world most popular classified site
- cDiscount.co.th, 327, the eCommerce version of Big C superstore from France, started around 6 months ago. Expanding strongly to emerging countries the world, in Southeast Asia cDiscount is operating in only two countries: Thailand and Vietnam.
Many hot eCommerce startups are not in the top 300 Alexa Thailand: WearYouwant, PomeloFashion, 500Trends, …
In a nutshell, there are not so many vertical eCommerce websites in the top 300 Alexa Thailand. And actually Thai startup scene was just getting hot one or two year ago. So lots of space for entrepreneurs to come and fulfill the need. And you, what else can you see from the list?